全文播放
Old Wives' Tales
無稽之談
Connie and Willy are talking about the previous lesson.

康妮和威利正在談論先前那一課。

Connie:Do you believe what they say about chili peppers?
康妮:你相信他們所說有關紅辣椒的事嗎?
Willy:Frankly speaking, I don't. The last time I got hurt playing soccer, my mom told me not to eat anything spicy . She said it will irritate the wound .
威利:坦白說,我不相信。上次我踢足球受傷時,我老媽告訴我別吃任何辛辣的東西。她說那會刺激傷口。
Connie:My mom is the same. For example, according to her, eating fish eyes is good for the eyes.
康妮:我媽也是這樣。舉個例子來說,根據她的說法,吃魚的眼睛對視力有益。
Willy:If you think that's weird , listen to this. My mom says eating pigs' brains makes you smart.
威利:如果妳認為那很怪異,聽聽這個。我老媽說吃豬腦能使人聰明。
Connie:Are you kidding? Frankly speaking, I don't believe in any of these old wives' tales.
康妮:你在開玩笑嗎?坦白說,我不相信任何這些無稽之談。
Willy:I wish you would tell that to my mom. I'm sick of eating pigs' brains.
威利:我希望妳能這麼告訴我老媽。我對吃豬腦已經很厭煩了。
Connie:Poor guy!
康妮:可憐的傢伙!
Willy:Don't tell anyone, OK? Or I'll never hear the end of it .
威利:別告訴任何人,好嗎?否則我的耳根就別想清淨了。
Connie:OK. It doesn't work anyway.
康妮:好吧。反正那也沒什麼用。
Willy:What do you mean?
威利:妳這句話是什麼意思?
Connie:I'm only kidding. You're at least as smart as a pig.
康妮:只是開玩笑罷了。你至少聰明得像隻豬。

EX english 數位英語學院