全文播放
Killing Is No Solution
屠殺並非解決之道
Two Australians, Mack and Jill, are camping on Kangaroo Island.

兩名澳洲人,梅克和吉兒,正在袋鼠島上露營。

Mack:Look! There's a koala hugging a tree. They're really so cute. Jill, why are you crying?
梅克:妳看!有隻無尾熊抱在樹上。它們真的好可愛。吉兒,妳怎麼哭了?
Jill:The government's planning on killing them because they may starve to death soon.
吉兒:政府正計畫宰殺牠們,因為牠們可能很快就會餓死了。
Mack:What a stupid idea! They should try saving them instead .
梅克:真是個愚蠢的主意!他們應當改而設法去拯救牠們才對。
Jill:I agree. Let's start a campaign to save them. If we can find 5,000 people to each take one home, the problem will be solved.
吉兒:我同意。咱們發起一個活動來拯救牠們吧。如果我們能找到五千個人,讓每個人各帶一隻回家的話,問題就可以解決了。
Mack:That's a good idea. You know, there're about 18 million people in Australia. Five thousand is only 0.027 percent of the population.
吉兒: 梅克:好點子。妳是知道的,澳洲的人口大約有一千八百萬。五千只不過是總人口數的十萬分之二十七。
Jill:Let's do it then.
吉兒:那麼我們就這樣做。
Mack:Killing as a solution to a problem is just not right.
梅克:用宰殺來當作問題的解決之道是不對的。
Jill:You can say that again.
吉兒:你說的對極了。

EX english 數位英語學院