全文播放
Goldfish, Souls and Coffee Tables
金魚、靈魂和茶几
Ms. Smith, an American, is talking to Mr. Ting, an expert on feng shui. (S=Ms. Smith; T=Mr. Ting)
S:What changes would you suggest for my house?

美國籍的史密斯小姐正和風水專家丁先生交談。
史小姐:你建議我房子應該做些什麼改變?

T:I think that you should get an aquarium with goldfish.
丁先生:我認為妳應該買個水族箱,裡面養些金魚。
S:Why?
史小姐:為什麼?
T:Goldfish bring good luck.
丁先生:金魚會帶來好運。
S:OK. Anything else?
史小姐:好啊。還有什麼?
T:You should also get rid of that mirror in front of your bed.
丁先生:妳還應該把妳床前的那面鏡子拿走。
S:Why?
史小姐:為什麼?
T:Your soul travels at night. It must find its way back to the body. The soul might see your body in the mirror and get confused.
丁先生:妳的靈魂晚上會出來遊蕩。它必須找到回軀殼的路。妳的靈魂可能會看到妳鏡子裡的軀殼而搞糊塗。
S:Hmm...really? What else?
史小姐:呣……真的嗎?還有呢?
T:Um...(He bumps into a coffee table.) ouch! And get rid of this table.
丁先生:嗯……(他撞到茶几。)哎哦!把這張茶几也拿走。
S:Why? It's just a coffee table.
史小姐:為什麼?只是張茶几嘛。
T:It's dangerous. It will bring you bad luck.
丁先生:那東西很危險,會給妳帶來厄運的。
S:Uh...are you sure?
史小姐:呃……你確定嗎?

EX english 數位英語學院