全文播放
That's Fashion
那才叫做時髦
Andy and Jess are at a fashion designer's party.
(A=Andy; J=Jess)
A:My God, Jess. What's that on Betty's head?

安迪和潔絲在一場由時裝設計師開的派對上。
安迪:我的天啊,潔絲,貝蒂頭上那什麼玩意兒啊?

J:Beats me. How weird! I think it's a new kind of hat.
潔絲:問倒我了。真是很怪異!我想那是一種新款式的帽子吧。
A:Oh, really? If you ask me, it's more like a bird's nest. How stupid it looks!
安迪:哦,是嗎?如果妳問我的話,我倒覺得那比較像個鳥巢。那東西看起來好愚蠢喔!
J:You think so? Hey, wait a minute. You might be right. There's something moving in the nest...I mean, hat.
潔絲:你真這麼想嗎?嘿,等一下。你可能說得對。那鳥巢裡……我是指帽子裡有東西在動。
A:Gee whiz! It's a bird.
安迪:哇!是一隻鳥喔。
J:Holy cow! How does she keep it from flying away?
潔絲:天啊!她是怎麼不讓那隻鳥飛走的?
A:Don't you see? She's got it fastened to a gold chain around her neck.
安迪:妳看不出來嗎?她用一條繞在脖子上的金項鍊把牠栓住。
J:If the bird were strong enough, it could fly her to the moon, so to speak.
潔絲:如果那隻鳥力氣夠大的話,牠甚至可以帶她飛到月球。
A:That would really be funny.
安迪:那一定很有趣。
J:Well, that's fashion!
潔絲:呃,那就是時髦嘛!

EX english 數位英語學院