全文播放
Baby Trouble
生兒育女的煩惱
Betty is talking to her husband Dan.
(B=Betty; D=Dan)
B:Don't you think it's time that we had a baby?
貝蒂正在和她的先生丹說話。
貝蒂:你不認為我們該生個小孩了嗎?
D:We're much better off without children. Think of all the trouble raising them.
丹:我們沒有小孩會過得比較好。想想養育小孩有多麻煩。
B:But it's only natural that married couples have babies.
貝蒂:可是夫妻生小孩是很自然的事情。
D:I don't want any brats who'll run around the house breaking things.
丹:我不想要有小鬼在屋裡亂跑弄壞東西。
B:Then I'll have a baby by myself.
貝蒂:那我就自己生一個。
D:Don't be ridiculous. That's not possible.
丹:別荒謬了,那是不可能的。
B:Yes, it is. I can adopt or go to the sperm bank or...
貝蒂:當然可能。我可以收養或者到精子銀行,或者…
D:Stop! Are you crazy? I forbid it.
丹:不要再說了!妳瘋了嗎?我不准妳這麼做。
B:Then, can we have a baby together?
貝蒂:那麼,我們可以一起生個小孩嗎?
D:OK. You win.
丹:好吧,妳贏了。
EX english 數位英語學院