全文播放
Speaking the Same Language
說同樣的語言
Sally is talking with her friend, Don.
(S=Sally; D=Don)
S:Tell me, Don. How come you're from Spain but you can't speak Spanish very well?
莎莉正在和她的朋友唐講話。
莎莉:告訴我,唐。為什麼你是個西班牙人但西班牙語卻說得不怎麼好?
D:It's not my mother tongue. My father is Spanish and my mother is American. We usually speak English at home.
 唐:那不是我的母語。我爸爸是西班牙人而我媽媽是美國人。我們在家通常都說英語。
S:Oh, I see.
莎莉:哦,我明白了。
D:Your Spanish is probably better than mine.
 唐:妳的西班牙語可能比我的好。
S:Yes, but you speak English more fluently than I.
莎莉:對啊,可是你英語說得比我流利。
D:How come? Aren't you American?
 唐:怎麼會這樣呢?妳不是美國人嗎?
S:Yes, but my mother is Spanish.
莎莉:對,可是我媽媽是西班牙人。
D:Don't tell me...
 唐:那該不會……
S:That's right. We usually speak Spanish at home.
莎莉:沒錯。我們在家大都講西班牙語。
D:It doesn't matter as long as we can communicate.

 唐:只要我們能溝通就無所謂啦。

S:That's true.
莎莉:說的一點兒沒錯。

EX english 數位英語學院