全文播放
Going on a Diet
節食
Little Johnny is talking to his mother.
(J=Little Johnny; M=Mother)
J:How come you always make me do things I don't want to?

小強尼正和他媽媽說話。
小強尼:為什麼妳總是要我做我不想做的事?

M:What do you mean?
媽 媽:你這話怎麼說?
J:Well, for instance, you always force me to eat steaks, pork chops and chicken, day in and day out.
小強尼:嗯,舉個例子,妳每天都強迫我吃牛排、豬排和雞肉。
M:OK. What do you want?
媽 媽:好吧。那你想吃什麼?
J:All I want is vegetables and fruit from now on.
小強尼:從現在起我只要吃蔬菜和水果。
M:What's wrong with you? Are you sick?
媽 媽:你怎麼了?你生病了嗎?
J:No, but I want to go on a diet.
小強尼:沒有,可是我想要節食。
M:Why?
媽 媽:為什麼?
J:Everyone's calling me Fatty at school.
小強尼:學校裡每個人都叫我『小胖』。
M:Oh...I get it now.
媽 媽:哦……現在我懂了。

EX english 數位英語學院