全文播放
An Inch Given, a Mile Taken
得寸進尺
Karen calls the manager for a dog day off.

凱倫打電話向經理請『愛犬假』。

Karen:Hello, Mr. Fu?
凱倫:哈囉,傅先生嗎?
Manager:Yes. This is he .
經理:是的,我就是。
Karen:Uh...I'm calling to ask for a day off.
凱倫:呃……我是打電話來請假的。
Manager:What's the matter? Are you sick again?
經理:怎麼啦?妳又生病了嗎?
Karen:No. Um...actually it's my dog. I think it's that time of the month. I've got to take her to the vet .
凱倫:不,呃……事實上,是我的狗生病了。我想牠這個月的生理期又到了。我得帶牠去獸醫那兒。
Manager:I guess it's OK. But I didn't know dogs had periods.
經理:好吧,不過,我不曉得狗也有生理期。
Karen:They sure do. By the way , if she gets pregnant , do I get two months off?
凱倫:牠們當然也有囉。哦,對了,如果牠懷孕了,我可以放兩個月的假嗎?
Manager:Do you want permanent leave?
經理:妳想不想永遠放假?
Karen:Uh...what do you mean?
凱倫:呃……什麼意思?

EX english 數位英語學院