全文播放
Live and Let Live
自己活也讓別人活
Paul and Wendy are talking about the Amish .

保羅和溫蒂正在談論有關亞米希人的事 。

Paul:What do you plan to do in the summer, Wendy ?
保羅:夏天妳打算做什麼,溫蒂?
Wendy:To be frank, I haven't made any plans. What about you ?
溫蒂:坦白說,我還沒做任何打算。你呢 ?
Paul:I'm thinking of going to Indiana.
保羅:我想要去印第安納州。
Wendy:What on earth for?
溫蒂:究竟是為了什麼?
Paul:To tell the truth, I want to see how the Amish people live .
保羅:坦白說,我想要看看亞米希人是怎麼過日子的 。
Wendy:What for? From what I hear, they're boring people. To be honest , I think they're kind of weird .
溫蒂:幹嘛?我聽說他們這些人很無聊。老實說,我認為他們有點怪異 。
Paul:Nonsense! In fact, their simple way of life is quite appealing to me .
保羅:亂講!其實他們簡樸的生活方式令我非常嚮往。
Wendy:Well, to each their own, I guess.
溫蒂:嗯,我想是人各有所好吧。
Paul:Exactly, I wish more people would just live and let live.
保羅:正是,我希望有更多人能自己活也讓別人活。

EX english 數位英語學院